Friday, March 11, 2011

Broken Hearted

You all remember reading about the death of my beloved grandmother ("Nanny") in my very first post. Well, her death left my grandfather ("Pappy") with a broken heart. Pappy has also suffered with COPD for a while now, and his condition has progressively gotten worse over the last year. A few weeks ago, he was diagnosed with a viral form of pneumonia and since this diagnosis he has had a very difficult time bouncing back. Over the weekend, he went into the hospital and his condition continued to deteriorate to the point where he wasn't responsive.

At about 3:30 this morning, my Pappy went to Heaven to be with my Nanny and Jesus. His last breaths were peaceful and I can only imagine the reunion that took place as his beautiful bride met him at the pearly gates. While my heart is broken for the loss of my grandfather, I am so thankful that he is no longer suffering. He has been made complete and whole again in the presence of Jesus. No more oxygen tanks, no more breathing treatments, no more breathlessness. He can run, dance, and chase after my Nanny without becoming winded and tired. I'm thankful that I was able to delight him with the news of another great grandchild before he left this earth, because I know that it brought him much joy to know that Jason and I are expecting a baby. The services for his death will be on Monday. There will be a small viewing at the funeral home from 10-12, and then the graveside service will be immediately following at Mountain View Cemetary. I remember the mental and physical exhaustion of Nanny's passing, so I'm trying to prepare myself for an emotional couple of days. Your prayers for my family during this time of grief are appreciated more than you know.


Nanny and Pappy at Christmas 2010



1 comment:

  1. oh my kristen....you've had so much to deal with recently. i'm so sorry to hear of this latest sadness. i'll certainly be praying for you and your family. but what a reunion there must be going on in heaven....

    ReplyDelete