Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Now They Know!

Wow, was it ever fun telling our families over the weekend that we are expecting a baby! I decided to tell both of our mothers this week that I had a "late Christmas present" for them that I had ordered online and forgotten about. I told them both that J and I wanted to come by over the weekend to give them these "late Christmas presents." I found frames at Kohls that said "Grandchildren Fill Our Days With Happiness" and instead of putting a picture in the frame, I wrote the following message from the baby:

You don’t have a picture of me yet…
But you will on or around September 26, 2011!
God decided that now would be a great time
for my Mom and Dad to start a family.
Even though you haven’t heard my heart beat yet,
God has heard it and He has my birthday on His calendar.
He’s already felt the brush of my eyelashes
and knows my ticklish spots!
I really can’t wait to meet you. Please pray for me
while I prepare to make my grand entrance!

Love,
Your GrandBaby


I also bought a pack of plain white newborn onesies and crafted some messages on them to hand out. I made one for my Dad that said, "My Grandpa Rides a Harley" and "Born to Be Wild On or Around September 26th". For Jason's parents, I made a onesie that said "Grand Baby #1 - Coming Soon!" I should've taken pictures of them but I forgot (darn Pregnancy brain). I will get some pictures of them the next time I see our parents and will post them for you all to see. So both sets of parents were getting a frame with a message from the baby and a onesie!

We planned to tell our parents on Sunday. We went to church as usual and then went back to my parents' house for lunch. My brother came along, but his wife couldn't make it. Of course, I was so excited that I was practically shaking... and I wanted so badly to tell the family before we ate, but Jason insisted that he was hungry and we should wait till afterwards (which ended up being a good idea... otherwise we probably wouldn't have eaten right away and the food would've become cold!). So we had our lunch and then ended up lounging in the living room. I brought in the gifts and handed Mom the frame gift and handed Dad the onesie gift (both wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper... because they were late Christmas presents, remember? :)

Mom opened her gift and starting screaming and crying... My poor brother was looking at her like "What in the world is wrong?!?" and Dad, who was still in the process of opening his gift was looking at Mom trying to figure out what was making her so excited... and I said, "We're pregnant!" There were lots of tears... hugs... smiles... It was a really special moment. And then... I'll never forget this part: After it started to sink in that they are going to be grandparents, Dad leans over his chair and looks me straight in the eyes and says, "Now this isn't the kind of thing that a father asks his daughter, but are you usually pretty regular?!" It was so funny; he was trying to make sure that I wasn't just "late". I explained to him that I am like clockwork and the positive pregnancy tests confirmed that I am, indeed, pregnant.

Later that evening, we headed to Jason's parents' house. We gave them the same two gifts that we gave his parents. When his Mom opened the gift of the frame, she looked at me and Jason and said, "YOU'RE KIDDING!!!" And with tears in our eyes, we shook our heads no... we're not kidding at all. When Donald opened the onesie, he had a big smile on his face and said "That is great news!" They are both super excited for us. We called Ed and Jamie and put them on speaker phone to share the news with them. They are really happy for us, too. Jamie said that we'll have to go shopping for a bikini for me to wear during our annual beach trip this summer... HAHA - I said, "Yeah, right!" :)

I've now finished my sixth week of pregnancy and I'm into my seventh week. The exhaustion is leaving me feeling like I've been hit by a bus. I was actually home from work today because of the ice storm. I was doing a few chores around the house and I noticed that my cat, Casey, was stretched from our bed to the window with her front paws on the window sill and her back paws on our bed. I thought, "What in the world is she looking at that has her so intrigued?" So I snuck to the window next to her and looked out. There was a beautiful robin in the bush right outside our window. I started to cry because it made me miss my Nanny, but also because it reminded me that she's still with me through everything.

My prayer this week...

Dear Lord, I am so amazed at the miracle of life that's growing inside me. So much is happening for my baby this week and I just ask that You watch over him/her and cause the development to go just the way it should. Bless my baby in every way: physically, mentally, and spiritually. Give my baby a pure, kind heart and a good soul, open to Your Holy Spirit, and to loving You. Once again, I thank you for this wonderful miracle. I cover my baby in the Blood of Jesus. In His name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment