Monday, February 21, 2011

Why Hello, Nausea!

I woke up this morning and excitedly turned on my phone. I have an "app" that goes with the book called What to Expect When You're Expecting. The app is great because it keeps track of how many weeks and days I am, let's me know how big my baby is week-by-week, and provides daily tips on how to have a healthy pregnancy. I look forward to reading my daily tip and see the date tracker tick past each day... and this morning was extra exciting (just like every Monday morning!) because I have officially completed my 9th week of pregnancy! It's going by so fast, but I'm so glad that I'm taking pictures and recording this experience here for everyone to share with me.

Up until now, I haven't had a whole lot of nausea... but I'm definitely beginning to feel more "blah" with each passing week. My stomach gets a bit upset in the mornings, and then also about half an hour after I eat a meal. While the nausea is definitely taking a foothold in my pregnancy, I'm still craving my fruit! I went to the grocery store today and spent a good bit on fruit. As I was unpacking my groceries, I realized the abundance of fruit that I bought today... apples, oranges, grapefruits, raspberries, kiwis, pears... and now my only hope is that I can eat it all before it goes bad!


I've been having some different dreams about what we're going to have. I dreampt last week that I had a baby girl, who then turned into a kitten. HAHA! Where does this stuff come from??? And then last night, I had a dream that we had a baby boy. Jason has dreampt that the baby is a boy, too. We would honestly be thrilled with either one... or both! I can just see a mini-Jason running around the house in his own pair of little boy work boots. I can see a baby girl stealing the heart of my hubby the first time she wraps her little fingers around his. I can see a little boy riding around the yard on his bicycle... I can see a little girl playing with doll babies in front of the fireplace. I can imagine us spending evenings and weekends at Little League games or going to music recitals. I mean it from the bottom of my heart, this baby will be loved and cherished, no matter whether it's a boy or a girl. Some people goes as far as to say, "It doesn't matter whether it's a boy or girl as long as it's healthy..." and that really upsets me. Even if my baby is not born healthy, I will still love it and nurture it the way God intended. Of course, we are praying for our baby to be healthy... but we will love this bundle of joy no matter what.


My prayer for this week:

Dear Lord, thank You for this special person growing inside of me. I pray that this time of rejoicing and gladness would also be a time of praising You for Your blessing of the miracle of life. Your Word says that every good and perfect gift comes from above, so I give You many thanks for this wonderful gift. I pray that my baby grows to be a man or woman after Your own heart. Give him or her a heart for what is right, pure, lovely, and good. Help me watch over my baby and bring up my child in a godly way. Help me be an example of Matthew 5:8, where You said, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Lord, bind us together as a family. Jesus, we invite You to be the head of our home and central to everything we do. Make us aware of Your presence in our lives on a daily basis. And bless our extended family, as well. Lord, I also pray that You develop my baby's heart just perfectly and make it beat in perfect rhythm for all the days of his life. Thank you, Lord, for this special gift. In Jesus' name, Amen.


Nine Weeks Down, 31 To Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment