Monday, February 7, 2011

Annointed

Yesterday at church, Pastor Ken gave a message about having faith as you walk through various "fires" in your life. I've been having a really difficult time dealing with thoughts of fear surrounding this pregnancy, and his message about how God promises to bring you through these difficult and trying times was exactly what I needed to hear. It's all about putting our trust in Him that everything is going to be okay and that this baby is going to grow and develop in a perfectly healthy way. At the end of the service, Pastor Ken gave an alter call and invited people to come to the alter to be annointed with oil and to be prayed for. Jason and I looked at each other, and in the next moment we were walking towards the front of the church, hand in hand. Just as we stood at the front of a church before God with our family and friends as our witnesses on our wedding day, we found ourselves standing once again in front of God asking for His blessing over the baby that is growing in my womb. Pastor Ken annointed me with oil and the deacons laid hands on us as we prayed for my health and for the baby to grow wholly and soundly. I have felt a great sense of peace from that moment, and I can't wait to look my baby in the eyes for the first time and feel the greatest love I'll ever know.

It's just all so overwhelming! I still feel like someone needs to pinch me or shake me to wake me up... I mean, my body is screaming from the inside out, "HELLO! YOU'RE PREGNANT! You're tired and nauseous, your boobs are huge (who knew they could get bigger!? haha), and Chinese food isn't all that appealing anymore. Um...yes, YOU'RE PREGNANT!"  ...But at the same time, it just boggles my mind that the Creator of the entire universe... the One who made the heavens and the earth, the Originator of all things... is personally creating my unborn child. I mean, really!!! The same God who hangs the stars in the night sky is creating His latest, most perfect masterpiece inside of me right this very minute. And when God knits, he neither misses a stitch nor adds an extra one. Before this baby will ever do or say anything on his/her own, he/she is a masterpiece... a one-of-a-kind original. ...Maybe in September when I'm holding my baby for the first time and cherishing that moment when he or she wraps her little hand around my finger, I'll realize that I am, indeed dreaming... living out the dream that God has given me through this life that He's creating in me.

Here's my prayer for this week:

Dear Lord, I pray for my baby's hands and fingers, feet and toes, that they will grow and develop properly. I pray for the elbows and wrists that are developing this week, as well, that they will be good and strong and flex as they should. Please bless my baby's hands and use them for the good of Your kingdom. Bless my baby's feet and help my child to always walk with You, God. Lord, I thank You for blessing each one of us with special gifts and talents. I pray that whatever my child does with his or her hands, he or she will do it well and use it for the ministry. Bless the work of my child's hands. Help him to be diligent in his work so he may be viewed to have godly character. And, Lord, bless my child's feet that they might go where You want them to go, for Your ministry. I know that every good and perfect gift comes from above, and I acknowledge You as our Creator and God. I praise You for all You have done and for all You will do. I Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment