Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm Pregnant! It's Official.

Well, I had my appointment today. It was nothing like I imagined it would be. I thought I would be examined "down there" to make sure everything looked the way it's supposed to... I thought maybe I would get a sonogram to check the due date or because of the spotting I've had for the last 3 weeks... or at the very least, I thought they would try to find the heart beat. But, I only had to pee on a stick to confirm that I am, indeed, pregnant. The pregnancy test lit up like a Christmas light as soon as it hit the urine... so it's official, I'm pregnant. (I knew this four weeks ago when I did my own pee-stick test at home!). I met with the doctor who went over a few things in my health history and then asked if I had any questions. I almost felt rushed... I had that last appointment on a Friday afternoon, and I felt like maybe the bare minimum was done in the interest of time. But, I guess that's just what is meant to be for now. I go back in three weeks (March 18th) and might get to hear the heartbeat on that day. I can only hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment