Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Did somebody say "Fruit?!"

Mmmmm.... FRUIT! Definitely one of my biggest "cravings" so far. Especially berries. Raspberries, if we're being really specific. Wow, my mouth is watering just thinking about berries.

Yesterday, I officially entered into my 9th week of pregnancy! I am 8 weeks and 1 day today. The time is really passing by quickly, especially now that I'm working. (More details about the new job in a little while.) I'm feeling pretty good, all things considered. I tend to feel nauseous in the morning until I get something in my belly. I've been doing pretty well with Ginger Ale and Ginger Snap Cookies in the morning. By the evening, I'm usually feeling a bit nauseous again... but not to the point where I can't cook dinner for Jason or anything like that. Sometimes a wave of sickness will hit me later in the morning or in the afternoon... and that usually happens when I haven't eaten in a while. So, as long as I try to eat a little bit every couple of hours, I'm feeling good! I do admit that I'm feeling pretty tired. There have been many nights recently when I've been in bed and snoozing away by 8pm. I'm so excited to have my first prenatal appointment next Friday and get to see and hear the heartbeat of the newest love(s) my life!

...You might be thinking, "Love(s)?" ...As in more than one? I just don't know... twins run in the family (my Mom is a twin, and they say it skips a generation... she didn't have twins, so maybe me or one of my cousins will?) And I remember last Spring when my Nanny was coming off of the ventilator... A lot of the family had gathered around her bed to see how she was going to do with breathing on her own... and I remember that she was waking up, and she looked at me and said, "Krissy, when are you due?" ...And of course I replied, "Uh... Nan... I know I've gained some weight, but I can assure you I'm not pregnant." And she looked at me like I was crazy; like she had seen the future... and shewent on to say that I was going to have a boy and a girl. I would be so excited to find out we're having twins... but honestly, the sound of a single, strong heartbeat will be enough to take my breath away... and if there's more than one, we will be doubly blessed (and I hope they have someone there to catch Jason if there is more than one!). The countdown is on... 10 more days!!!!!

This is my second week at my new job as an ELL teacher in Washington County. I absolutely LOVE my job! I've heard people say before, "Choose a job that you love and you'll never work a day of your life" and I can honestly say that I love teaching. I've only been working with my students for a little over a week, and I'm so excited for the progress that I see already.

Well, the bathroom is calling my name (again) so I better sign off for now! Thanks for your continued prayers for our growing family!

Here's a picture from last week that I forgot to post (7 weeks, 5 days):




The baby this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment