Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oh, Happy Day!

As my former due date approaches in a little over two months and it becomes increasingly more difficult to stand in the presence of women who are as pregnant as I should've been right now, it's easy to feel down. It's easy to feel sad. Depressed. Jealous, even. But in spite of the glaring reminders, I'm choosing right now at this very minute to focus on what is good and happy in my life right now. Over the past couple of days, I've mentally composed a list of things that I am ever-so-grateful for right now because they cause me to feel happiness. Uplifted. Encouraged.

Friends who keep me from hiding from the world. It's easy to wanna just "hole up" some days and not get out of my pajamas and wallow in my own self-pity... and then I get a text from a friend that says, "Where have you been?! You've dropped off the face of the earth! Call me so we can do something!" My friends are my biggest fans and motivators.

Reunions with "old" friends. I got to have a wonderful lunch yesterday with two of my former coworkers from Laurel Hall. It was awesome to reconnect with one another and reflect on how far we've come in our lives since we saw each other last. So refreshing.

An ah-mazing relationship with my Hubby.  I've been reminded a lot over the past few days about how grateful I am for my husband. We are such a great balance for one another, and we're definitely stronger together than we ever were when we were apart. He still gives me butterflies... Just the other day, I had to stop and get gas before my lunch date that I mentioned up above, and I was kinda in a hurry and not really paying attention to everything going on around me. And then suddenly, something caught the corner of my eye... Right there was my oh-so-sexy husband, grinning at me with that killer smile. He still makes my heart skip a beat. It's true.

German-Chocolate Cake sold by the slice at Martins. Hey, we're being honest here... right? This cake is simply to-die-for. It's always so moist... tons of chocolate icing and chocolate shavings with the richest caramel pecan filling. AND, it's sold by the slice. So technically, I don't have to buy a whole cake. Less cake = less guilt!

Getting to know my camera. My camera has so much "juice" and I know that I haven't even begun to unleash its photo-taking power from within. This summer has been the perfect time to play a few getting-to-know-you games with my camera... playing around with aperture, shutter, color settings, and ISO. I think I might even treat myself to a new lens as a  Happy New Job! gift this fall.

Leading a small group. A few weeks ago, I started working with the youth group at my church. On Friday evenings, I am leading a high-school girls small group. Leading this small group was a little intimidating at first, but it's so neat to get to know these fine young ladies on a deeper level and help them grow in their faith.

So there you have it... a small, but honest list of things in my life right now that make me feel happy. ...And just so you know, I'm smiling right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment