Thursday, January 27, 2011

Triage Nurse on Speed Dial!

For the past week, I've also been developing a cold. I have a terrible cough which has left me with little-to-no voice today. I'm afraid that all of my coughing will affect the baby... I'm worried that the medicines I'm taking to help my cold could affect the baby... It's hard because I don't want to take medicine at all, but if I don't take something my cold will inevitably turn into something worse that could be even more harmful to the Little One. So, I called the triage nurse at my OB/GYN today and asked her a whole list of questions. No, my coughing will not hurt the baby. Yes, Mucinex and Robitussin are perfectly safe to take while pregnant. Do call my primary care doctor if I develop a fever.  ..........*Sigh of relief.* 

I'm only in my sixth week of pregnancy and I'm already beginning to worry about our baby. I know that this is only the beginning of many years of worrying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment